HSI May Newsletter
Your monthly digest of EHS, Compliance, and Professional Development resources & news for you and your business, with something for everyone.
Live webinar for Qualified Electric Workers Thursday May 19th at 2pm ET/11am PT
Everything You Need to Know to Comply with OSHA 1910.332 & 1910.333
May is Mental Health Awareness Month!
Today’s definition of workplace safety extends to the emotional and mental well-being of all workers and managers. Check out resources to infuse psychological safety into your workplace health and safety program.
HSI at Industry Events!
If you are attending these industry events, be sure to visit HSI in the expo. We would love to meet you in person!
ATD22: May 15-18 in Orlando
SHRM ANNUAL. CONFERENCE & EXPO: June 12-15 in New Orleans
APPA General Conference, Jun 13-14, Nashville, TN
AREGC, Jun 13-15, St. Pete Beach, FL
HSI Platform Updates
Exam builder is better than ever with improved options on question randomization, exam window, and timed exams.
Chemical management report improvements include both new reports and features to streamline and improve reporting and meet regulatory requirements.
Check out the platform updates reports in HSI LMS/Chem management system for details.
New Course Series
HSI is proud to highlight the new Decision-Making course series that helps both managers and employees identify and improve decision-making at work. The topics range from thinking strategically to evaluating facts vs. opinions to reviewing different decision-making styles. The series includes the following courses:
- Gathering Information
- Understanding Motivation
- Making Quick Choices
- Facts vs Opinions
- Generating Options
- Decision-Making Models
- Decision-Making Styles
- Avoiding Mistakes
- Making Group Decisions
- Empowering Employee Decisions
- Going with Your Gut
- Identifying Unintended Consequences
- Strategic Thinking
- Accidental Safety Pro Podcast: HSI’s podcast turned 4 years old today and we’re releasing a special anniversary episode tomorrow. Back when there were little to no podcasts for EHS professionals, HSI’s own Jill James started this one to celebrate and explore the journey and experiences of safety professionals. Join our community and become a subscriber.
- Perspectives on Energy: Host Guillermo Sabatier, Director of International Sales at HSI, discusses the new training needs of the energy industry with Rocky Sease, Vice President of Industrial Skills.
- How Three Construction Companies Use Technology to Improve Safety: this new playbook explores the challenges and successes in safety prevention programs in an industry that often struggles to adopt new technologies
Guess the Movie Quote Answer
Thanks for playing along!
Quote: "You're gonna need a bigger boat."
Answer: Movie: Jaws (1975), Character: Brody played by Roy Scheider