Provider Review: 360 Training
Online safety training is a competitive industry, full of provider options. To help you make a smart purchase, Vivid does the diligence on quality, cost, and ease of implementation, offering an unbiased overview of the industry’s more popular vendors.
Whether you're looking for some of the most comprehensive training programs to further your career, or a complete solution for integrating training solutions for your business, 360training offers endless possibilities for learners, educators, and business partners. At 360training, we believe we can make the biggest impact in advancing not only from an educational aspect, but catering to business training, authors, and classroom providers. With over 4 million learners in 76 countries, 360training is a global hub for on-demand career development. We offer over 6,000 regulated and non-regulated courses for your career development. As a one stop shop for all your on-demand and classroom career development learning...
Making eLearning courses, and lots of them. In the industry arms race to offer online training for any topic, 360training.com has a strong position.
To get a better idea of 360training’s true product focus, here’s a ranking of course volume by industry:
- IT and Software Skills: 1661 courses
- Insurance Education: 1629 courses
- Food and Beverage Programs: 773 courses
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS): 593 courses
- Real Estate Education: 436 courses
- Career Training: 257 courses
- HR, Ethics & Compliance: 215 courses
360training publishes its pricing for individual courses. 360training.com is unique in the sense that it regularly advertises sales prices, or markdowns for its eLearning products, whereas many online safety training providers do not market discounted product pricing.
Here a few examples:
- Food Handler Training Certificate Program: $7.00 (sale)
- OSHA 10-hour Construction Industry Outreach Training Program: $59.00 (sale)
- OSHA 30-hour General Industry Outreach Training: $169.00
- HAZWOPER 40-hour: $285.00
- Microsoft Excel Data Analysis Tools: $14.95
- 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2: $396.00 (sale)
- Workforce Safety and Compliance Library: $9.99 (monthly subscription)
360training offers various online training courses for free, in rotation:
- Confined Space Entry
- Business Ethics – Advanced: Ethical Leadership (Compliance Snapshot)
- Fall Protection for Construction
- Introduction to OSHA and the Occupational Safety & Health Act
360training.com places and emphasis on affordability, and offers “Pay-Per-View” pricing and group discounts.
360training.com has one of the largest eLearning course catalogues in the online training industry; environmental health and safety (EHS) is its 4th largest library.
Here are examples of training categories:
- Alcohol Server
- Business Skills
- Career Training Programs
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Food Handler
- Food Protection Manager
- Food Safety Manager
- Human Resources
- Industrial Skills
- Information Technology (IT)
- Insurance Education
- OSHA Outreach 10 & 30 Hour Programs
- Trades and Engineering
- MSHA 46 Training
- Lock Out / Tag Out
- Electrical Safety Training
- Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP)
- Hazardous Communication
- Supervisor & Competent Person Training
- Industrial Hygiene Training
- Forklift and Heavy Equipment Training
- Construction Safety Training
Additionally, 360training.com is an OSHA-authorized online training providers for multi-hour outreach programs; OSHA authorizes a limited number of providers to sell to the public. These programs, upon completion, allow participants to earn Department of Labor (DOL) cards.
Online training offered by 360training.com for occupational safety is fairly characterized as approaching the standard of the industry.
The self-paced ‘click and train’ style offers minimal interactivity and production value; course experiences are similar to PowerPoint presentations in both functionality and content display.
Courses average 30 minutes or longer, and provide information sufficient to cover training standards, with little additional supporting context; verbatim narration is used in support of on-screen text.
This approach supports 360training.com’s emphasis on affordability and access to a vast array of training topics.
360training.com’s courses do perform to Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee (AICC) and Subject Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) eLearning standards.
Authoring (Do-It-Yourself course construction) is available to customers via the LS360 LCMS Course Builder.
Spanish is available for many courses; little information is available on languages supported for other training topics.
Training Management Options:
360training.com offer an “eLearning management suite” known as LS360. This video provides a basic explanation of features and benefits of 360training.com’s learning management options: infomercial
- Centralized dashboards for manager and learner modes
- Hierarchy, groups and roles based management
- Embedded survey creation, deployment and measurement
- Instant course grading and online certificates
- Integrates with other internal HR and learning systems
- Track & Report
- 50+ training performance, utilization and registration reports
- Report creation wizard for fully customizable reports
- Report favorites bookmarking
- Deliver Courses
- Course enrollment wizard for individuals, groups or organizations
- Develop custom training plans and course bundles
- Assign training plans and completion deadlines to users or groups
- Automated email notifications and announcements
- Manage People
- Automated user batch import user
- Automated user account registration invites
- Roles based security and permissions
- Create Content
- Provides the capability to create and publish your own content.
Custom Course Development:
- “Site and Course Branding – Nothing says you like a site with your logo and branding.”
- “Course Customization – Not all companies are the same. Your company has different course requirements than other companies. This tool makes sure you get the course that suits your company best.”
- “System Integration (LMS, HRIS) – Have an easy training experience with our integrated LMS and HRIS solutions.”
- “Single Sign On – We make signing on simple, easy and accessible to your company personnel.”
- “Custom Reporting – Like training and learning, there’s no one-size-fits-all reporting. Our custom reporting system allows you to create a report that says all you want to say.”
- “Consulting Services – Confused about your compliance and training strategy? Puzzled by your project plan? Don’t be. We’re here to help you define your strategies and plans for a more customized experience.”
- “What other professional service team gives your company tailored solutions as well as we do? 360 Services have only one thing in mind: you. So, take advantage of our professional services and experience the 360training.com difference.”
360training.com is an eLearning wholesale provider of more courses than any other online training company.