Automatic Generation Control
- Recall the difference between primary and secondary controls
- Recall how Automatic Generation Control (AGC) systems operate in an isolated power system setting
- Identify the three AGC system control modes
- Identify the role of AGC systems in Balancing Authority operations
- Recall the requirements of NERCs Balancing Authority Control standard
When you complete this lesson you will understand the requirements necessary for a Balancing Authority to be able to calculate Area Control Error and to have Automatic Generation Control that will be able to dispatch Regulating Reserves as needed.
- 90 Minutes