Electrical Faults and Current Ratings
- Describe an electrical overcurrent condition
- Describe an electrical fault with excessively high current flow
- Identify the difference between an electrical circuit overload condition and a short circuit condition
- Name two good conductors of electricity
- List some of the factors that determine the current rating of a conductor
- Explain how devices are used to protect from overcurrent and faults
- Describe ground faults that can occur from various grounding connections
Electrical faults can cause serious injuries or death. Understanding the types of faults that can occur in electrical circuits is necessary for safe equipment installation and maintenance. The Electrical Faults and Current Ratings training course explains causes and types of electrical overcurrent and identifies how to protect circuits from overcurrents and faults.
This online training course covers electrical overcurrent and conductors. It discusses overcurrent fault and overload protection. This course is part of the Electrical Protection and Grounding training series.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 50 Minutes