- Describe preparations for generator shutdown that ensure safe working conditions
- Discuss why some systems need to continue to operate after generator shutdown
- Explain the process of purging the hydrogen from the generator
- Describe stator component inspection
- Describe rotor component inspection
- Identify some of the electrical testing conducted on the generator
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to discuss the steps taken in shutting down the generator, preparing a generator for maintenance, and considerations when conducting the overhaul inspection.
- 65 Minutes