Motor Protection and Fault Diagnosis
- Explain demands affecting motor branch circuits
- Identify the major parts of a motor branch circuit
- Identify characteristics of NEMA motor classifications
- Explain the effects of voltage and frequency deviation
- Identify common faults and diagnosis of AC devices
Electric motors serve as drivers for many industrial applications. Because motors are powered and controlled by attached circuits, they need protection from a variety of faults both in and out of the motor. Understanding diagnosis and relief of these faults is essential in protecting the motor and its connected loads.
The Motor Protection and Faults training lesson describes the difference between internal and external motor faults. It explains how to select the proper overcurrent and short circuit protection devices for motor branch circuits. This online course includes:
- Motor branch circuit basics
- NEMA motor characteristics
- Voltage frequency and deviation effects
- Common faults and diagnosis
- Protective motor care
Motor Protection and Faults is part of the Motor Control and Protection training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 55 Minutes