Overhauling Induction Motors
- List preliminary steps taken before starting any motor disassembly
- Explain how to disconnect the motor leads
- Describe the various steps of motor disassembly and inspection
- Identify tests that may be conducted on the rotor and stator
- Explain how to reassemble the motor and prepare it for service
When a motor's maintenance schedule or mechanical issues dictate an overhaul, standard steps should be taken to ensure it is safe to work on. After verifying safe maintenance conditions, the following tasks include:
- Motor disassembly
- Parts inspection
- Testing the motor
To maximize motor life, each subordinate task is needed and must be understood by technicians to ensure efficient maintenance practices.
The Overhauling Induction Motors training course describes each of the steps necessary for the induction motor overhaul process.
- Preliminary steps
- Disassembly of smaller motors
- Disassembly of large motors
- Rotor stator inspection and repair
- Test Running
Overhauling Induction Motors is part of the Industrial Motors training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 65 Minutes