- Define manometer and describe how it differs from other pressure measuring devices
- Describe the purpose of a manometer and list its common uses
- Explain the terms parallax and meniscus in relation to using a manometer to obtain a pressure reading
- Describe the construction and operation of common types of manometers, including the U-tube, well, and inclined tube manometer
- Explain the factors which can affect the accuracy of a manometer
When you complete this lesson, you will understand how different types of manometers function and will be able to read them.
- 45 Minutes