- Describe the multimeter’s function and operation
- Discuss multimeter specifications
- Identify the symbols on a multimeter
- Discuss the tool’s range and resolution
- Demonstrate how to safely use a multimeter to make measurements
You take measurements every day when troubleshooting equipment. Accurate measurements require a multimeter. A multimeter is used to diagnose electrical problems by measuring voltage, current, and resistance. The Multimeter training course explains the basics of a digital multimeter and volt-ohm meter and how to use them.
Circuits must be energized to take voltage and current measurements. Only personnel trained to take live measurements should perform current and voltage tests. The Multimeter online training covers functions and symbols, range and resolution, specifications, measurements, and safety. This course is part of the Test Equipment series
- 50 Minutes