- Discuss the operation of check valves
- Describe the construction of each of the following types of check valves:
- Tilting disk
Check valves are designed to prevent flow reversal in a fluid carrying system. Flow reversal can be controlled by a disk, flapper, or plate rotating into or out of the fluid flow path. An alternate method uses a disk, piston, or circular object (ball) moving along the fluid's flowline.
The Check Valves training course explains the use, selection, and design of check valves found in industrial applications. This online course includes:
- Check valve operation
- Swing check valves
- Tilting disk check valves
- Lift check valves
- Ball check valves
- Piston check valves
- Butterfly (water) check valves
- Stop check valves
Check Valves is part of the Valve Selection and Maintenance training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 45 Minutes