Compressed Air Systems
- Define air compressor
- Recall the primary difference between the two basic categories of air compressors
- Give four examples of prime movers used to power a compressor
- Describe the purposes of the service air and control air systems, and identify examples of equipment powered by each
- Define the term ‘air quality’ with regard to a compressed air system
- Describe the relationship between temperature, pressure, and volume in a compressed air system
- Explain the benefit of a staged compression system
Air compressors are used extensively in industrial facilities to operate and control equipment. They are also used to operate pneumatic power tools that maintain plant equipment. Understanding compressed air systems and basic compressor designs is necessary to operate and maintain plant systems.
The Plant Compressed Air Systems training course describes the basic classifications of air compressors used in industrial facilities. It also explains service air and control system operation.
This online training course covers compressor basics, systems, and characteristics. This course is part of the Plant Compressed Air Systems training series.
- 50 Minutes