Positive Traction Belt Drives
- Recall advantages of positive traction belt drive systems
- Describe the sheave design used on these systems
- Describe positive traction belts
- Identify the effects of over-tensioned and under-tensioned belts
Positive traction belt drives are used in industrial facilities where maintaining a constant speed ratio and a permanent relative position are extremely important. The positive, or nonslip, nature of these belt drives means they can transmit large torques and withstand large accelerations.
The Positive Traction Belt Drives training course describes the major components and proper operation of positive traction belt drive systems used in an industrial facility. It also covers positive drive sheaves and belts.
This online course is part of the Introduction to Belt Drive Maintenance training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 30 Minutes