- Describe the construction and principle of operation for the following types of valve actuators:
- Electric motor
- Identify several types of valve position indicators
As discussed in Introduction to Valves and Their Components, an actuator is needed to position a valve's stem and disk assembly. The Valve Actuators training course discusses the use, selection, and design of various actuators, from simple handwheels to relatively complex electrical and hydraulic manipulators.
This online course covers actuator types, including:
- Fixed and hammer actuators (manual)
- Gear and electric motor actuators
- Pneumatic and hydraulic actuators
- Self-actuated and solenoid actuated valves
The Valve Actuators course discusses power actuators speed and valve position indication. Valve Actuators is part of the Valve Selection and Maintenance training series.
- 50 Minutes