- Identify how noise impacts hearing and the factors that determine the extent of hearing loss.
- Identify noise exposure levels that require hearing protection according to Part VII of Canadian Regulations.
- Identify how the types of hearing protectors are selected for a job, and their advantages and disadvantages for controlling noise exposure.
- Identify correct use, care, and maintenance practices for hearing protectors.
- Identify the requirements of a Hearing Conservation Program.
- 20 minutes
- Noise and Hearing
- Canadian OH&S Regulations Noise Exposure Limits
- Hearing Protectors
- Hearing Conservation Program
- Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, Part VII – Levels of Sound, Subpart 7.1 through 7.8
- CSA Standard Z-94.2 M1984 – Hearing Protectors
- 29 CFR 1910.95
- 29 CFR 1910.145