- Describe what a forklift is and how it is used.
- Explain how to operate a forklift.
- Describe the hazards most commonly associated with forklifts.
- List the training requirements to operate a forklift.
Learners will demonstrate awareness of safe forklift operation principles by identifying basic key features on the lift, recognizing the technical components of forklift operation, listing safe load handling and driving practices, stating general safety rules, and inspecting and maintaining lift equipment.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 15 Minutes
- Forklift Basics
- Operating a Forklift
- Common Hazards
- Training Requirements
- Code of Federal Regulations, 29 CFR 1910
- Powered Industrial Trucks eTool, Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Forklift Safety: Facts, Stats, and Tips for Safe Operation, Optimum Safety Management, July 1, 2015
- Why Driving a Forklift is Different from Driving a Car, Forklift America's Forklift Digest, October 29, 2012
- Focus on 4 Forklift Hazards, Environmental Health and Safety Daily Advisor, September 25, 2012