- List the main challenges involved with load handling.
- Evaluate a load to determine the types of challenges it might present.
- Explain how to handle a load under ordinary circumstances.
- Describe how to deal with common environmental challenges when handling a load.
Learners will demonstrate awareness of safe forklift operation principles by identifying basic key features on the lift, recognizing the technical components of forklift operation, listing safe load handling and driving practices, stating general safety rules, and inspecting and maintaining lift equipment.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 15 Minutes
- Load Handling Challenges
- Evaluating a Load
- Handling a Load
- Dealing with Environmental Challenges
- Code of Federal Regulations, 29 CFR 1910
- Powered Industrial Trucks eTool, Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Knowing Your Forklift's Load Capacity, Adaptalift Hyster, Logistics and Materials Handling, July 23, 2013