Power Press Safety
- Describe the function and basic operations of a power press.
- Recognize potential hazards when working with power presses.
- Identify the safety devices and practices that will help to protect you from power press-related injuries.
This lesson will help you recognize the basic functions and types of power presses, the hazards related to working with them, and the safety practices that will help to protect you from these hazards.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 28 minutes
- English, Spanish
- Power Press Basics
- Power Press Hazards
- Safety Controls and Practices
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Subpart O – Machinery and Machine Guarding
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Subsection I Personal Protective Equipment
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.147 Control of Hazardous Energy “Lockout/Tagout”
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.212 – General requirements for all machines
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.217 – Mechanical power presses (Plus Appendices A,B,C, and D)
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.217 (e)(2) and (f)(2) Operator Training
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.218 (a)(2) (iii) Forging Machines- Inspection and Maintenance Training
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.219 Mechanical Power Transmission Devices