Chemical Hazards and Controls
- Identify the common types of chemicals used in food processing and the laws and regulations regarding hazardous chemicals.
- Identify the naturally occurring substances that are associated with foodborne illness or injury.
- Identify the intentionally added chemicals that are associated with foodborne illness or injury.
- Identify the points and types of controls that should be included in a Chemical Control Program.
- 25 minutes
- Chemical Hazards
- Naturally Occurring Substances
- Intentionally Added Chemicals
- Chemical Control Program
- GMA HACCP Manual-5th edition
- Rules of HACCP – A Compilation of HACCP-Related-Regulations in the United States
- 21 CFR 110 (FDA) Current good manufacturing practice in manufacturing, packing, or holding human food
- 21 CFR 123 (FDA) Fish and fishery products
- 21 CFR 120 (FDA) Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) systems [Juice Products]
- 9 CFR 416 (USDA/FSIS) Sanitation [Meat and Poultry Products]
- 9 CFR 417 (USDA/FSIS) Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) systems [Meat and Poultry Products]