Food Manufacturing: Traceability Management
- Define traceability as it pertains to the food industry, its benefits, and the consequences of ineffective tracking
- Recall the basic characteristics of a traceability program, including methods by which products and materials may be traced
- Recognize who is responsible for the success of a traceability system
This lesson will provide workers in the food manufacturing industry with an understanding of the importance and practicality of an effective food traceability program.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 20 minutes
- The Importance of Traceability
- The Methods of Traceability
- 21 CFR 101 Subpart A Food Labeling - 101.5 Food; name and place of business of manufacturer, packer, or distributor.
- 21 CFR 117 Subpart G Supply-Chain Program - 117.415 Responsibilities of the receiving facility.