- Identify the importance of conducting a thorough hazard analysis.
- Define a food safety hazard and hazard analysis.
- Identify the steps necessary for identifying hazards.
- Identify the steps necessary for evaluating hazards.
- Identify examples of appropriate measures for controlling food safety hazards.
- Identify the regulatory requirements for conducting a hazard analysis.
- 30 minutes
- Importance of Conducting a Hazard Analysis
- What is Hazard Analysis?
- Hazard Identification
- Hazard Evaluation
- Control Measures
- Regulatory Requirements
- FPA HACCP Manual
- Rules of HACCP – A Compilation of HACCP-Related-Regulations in the United States
- 21 CFR 123 (FDA) Fish and fishery products
- 21 CFR 120 (FDA) Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) systems [Juice Products]
- 9 CFR 417 (USDA/FSIS) Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) systems [Meat and Poultry Products]
- 21 CFR 110 (FDA) Current good manufacturing practice in manufacturing, packing, or holding human food