Introduction to HACCP
- Identify the basic concept underlying HACCP and the advantage of using HACCP over traditional testing methods to control food hazards.
- Identify the origin of HACCP and how it evolved as a food safety system.
- Identify the seven HACCP principles used to develop an effective plan to prevent, eliminate, or reduce food hazards to acceptable levels.
- Identify the basic application guidelines necessary for implementing a HACCP plan.
- 20 minutes
- English, Spanish
- The HACCP Concept
- The Origin of HACCP
- HACCP Principles
- HACCP Application Guidelines
- GMA Manual “HACCP – A Systematic Approach to Food Safety,” current edition
- Rules of HACCP – A Compilation of HACCP-Related-Regulations in the United States
- 21 CFR 110 (FDA) Current good manufacturing practice in manufacturing, packing, or holding human food
- 21 CFR 123 (FDA) Fish and fishery products
- 21 CFR 120 (FDA) Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) systems [Juice Products]
- 9 CFR 416 (USDA/FSIS) Sanitation [Meat and Poultry Products]
- 9 CFR 417 (USDA/FSIS) Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) systems [Meat and Poultry Products]