Physical Hazards and Control
- Identify the sources and types of materials that can be physical hazards in foods.
- Identify the types of controls to minimize the potential for physical hazards in foods.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 10 minutes
- Sources and Types of Physical Hazards
- Minimizing Physical Hazards
- GMA HACCP Manual “HACCP – A Systematic Approach to Food Safety”, current edition
- Rules of HACCP – A Compilation of HACCP-Related-Regulations in the United States
- 21 CFR 123 (FDA) Fish and fishery products
- 21 CFR 120 (FDA) Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) systems [Juice Products]
- 9 CFR 417 (USDA/FSIS) Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) systems [Meat and Poultry Products]
- 21 CFR 110 (FDA) Current good manufacturing practice in manufacturing, packing, or holding human food
- FDA/ORA COMPLIANCE POLICY GUIDE, Chapter - 5 Sub Chapter - 555 Section 555.425 - Foods - Adulteration Involving Hard or Sharp Foreign Objects