First Responder Continuing Education Training: Courses and Subscriptions
EMS Continuing Education (CE) requirements can be time-consuming and costly for first responders and their agencies or departments. But with First Responder CE Training provided by HSI, you can reduce overhead and maximize convenience with online courses for EMS professionals.
Our video-based, self-directed courses feature noted EMS experts, engaging scenarios, and real-life footage to stimulate learning – meaning no one has to sit through another boring PowerPoint presentation.
Read on to learn about some of our top first responder courses and subscriptions available online.
Benefits of an online membership for your first responder agency or department
HSI offers hundreds of courses that meet NREMT recertification and refresher guidelines for emergency medical responders, EMTs, and paramedics.
Our high-quality video-based courses are affordable for agencies on a tight budget. But you can unlock even more savings through our annual subscription offerings.
Here are some of the top benefits of getting an annual subscription:
- Access to affordable pricing, resulting in yearly savings for your agency or department.
- Our online platform is available around the clock, giving your team the ability to complete training when it fits their schedule.
- Ability to use blended training, allowing you to focus valuable face-to-face time on practicing hands-on skills.
- Course videos can be used in a group-setting or individually.
- Our web-based management system provides convenient online administration to assign, track and report training.
HSI’s comprehensive subscriptions for first responders to meet recertification include access to courses addressing today’s pressing issues. For example, you’ll find CE training for:
- Opioid Epidemic: Response for EMS. Covers how the opioid epidemic has evolved and what providers can do to help protect themselves and their communities from the dangers of the opioid epidemic.
- Pediatric Cardiac Arrest: Management and Response. Includes best practices for treating pediatric out-of-hospital cardiac arrests (p-OHCA), as well as the roles that provider mindset and self-care play in providing the best care for PCA patients.
- Human Trafficking: An EMS Perspective. Gives providers tools and resources that can be used to help victims of human trafficking who are often from the most vulnerable populations (e.g. youth, homeless people, elderly people, foster children, immigrants, LGBTQ, people in poverty and others).
This is just a small sample of the many courses available to first responders through our annual subscription program.
Choose from a variety of subscription packages, such as 24-7 EMS that includes over 100 continuing education courses or 24-7 Fire with over 70 firefighter, inspector and officer development courses. For the best value, choose the 24-7 EMS & Fire Combo subscription for one low price that gives you access to the full EMS/Fire libraries.
Outside of our annual subscriptions, first responders, agencies, and departments can find great value in individual courses.
For example, we’ve partnered with HIPAA compliance experts PWW Media to create an online course that features real-life scenarios EMS personnel encounter with patient privacy and correct administration of health records.
The best part is that all our courses are 100% online, offered during the day, at night, on weekdays and on weekends to accommodate all schedules. So, you don’t have to worry about scheduling conflicts or travel expenses to get the face-to-face experience.
Get affordable online CE and refresher courses
As a CAPCE accredited organization, HSI provides a convenient way for first responders to meet continuing education and NREMT recertification requirements for individuals and agencies. We offer online distributive training and refresher course options that works with your schedule, budget and organization’s needs.
Course bundles are available for individuals and agencies. Agencies may qualify for group package discounts.
Learn more about our agency discount program and request a demonstration.
Check out our 2023 First Responder Course Catalog for a full list of offerings.