HSI August Newsletter
Your monthly digest of EHS, Compliance, and Professional Development resources & news for you and your business, with something for everyone.
Upcoming Webinar: Building Cultures of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion 2.0
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace has become a burning issue for many companies, with leaders recognizing DEI as a major driver of their employee experience, organizational culture, and financial bottom line. To help companies take action on their DEI initiatives, Blue Ocean Brain, an HSI company, is hosting a live webinar, Building Cultures of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion 2.0, on August 23rd at 1 PM ET to share best practices their clients are leveraging to move to build high-performing cultures of belonging and inclusion.
Join Blue Ocean Brain Chief Learning Officer Claire Herring and DEI Advisor Karith Foster to:
- Learn how to empower leaders to embrace the inclusive leadership behaviors essential to creating a standout high-performance organizational culture.
- See examples of how companies with healthy DEI cultures drive learning engagement to propel them forward in their DEI goals.
- Explore Blue Ocean Brain’s award-winning content to see how microlearning can be a catalyst for culture change.
- Hear success stories from clients across multiple industries who are effectively reaching all employees with learning moments regardless of location or function.
Get registered today to learn how your organization can align with current DEI trends through practical examples, success stories, and actionable tips that will help you drive true culture change.
Gallup’s State of the Global Workplace: 2022 Report
Check out the key findings on workplace trends and employee engagement and satisfaction. Compare yourself to other workplaces, and in Gallup’s words, “learn how to build a more thriving workplace today and into the future”.
This annual report represents the collective voice of the global employee. In this edition, the pandemic and its aftershock continued to disrupt the workplace.
HSI at Industry Events!
If you are attending these industry events, be sure to visit HSI at the expo. We would love to meet you in person!
- NSC Safety Congress and Expo 2022: Sept 19-21 in San Diego, CA
- Turbomachinery & Pump Symposia: Sept 13-15 in Houston, TX
- EEI Transmission, Distribution, Metering & Mutual Assistance Conference: Oct. 9-12 in Bellevue, WA
Crisis Management Course Series Update
Our updated course series will help you plan, prepare, and respond to a crisis. We will cover responding to natural disasters and emergencies. We also explore business continuity, brand management, and handling media inquiries during a crisis.
Unified Visitor Management Coming Soon
We are excited to announce the soon-to-be-released Visitor Management System that is fully integrated with HSI’s advanced cloud-based EHS management platform making it easy to manage your entire end-to-end visitor experience seamlessly under a single platform. Some of the powerful capabilities include:
- Registration: Fully hands-free sign-in and sign-out using personal devices or unmanned kiosks
- Pre-screening: Configurable entry forms/acknowledgments and videos
- Digital passes: Both printed and digital entry passes
- Notifications: Active visitor notifications/alerts
- Reporting: Custom reporting, dashboards with optional BI integration capabilities
New White Paper: Effective On the Job Training
For effective OJT, a program must be organized and structured with activities such as scenario-based training and simulations to accompany book learning. Learn about the 5 W’s that can help improve your program.
Mass shooting incidents in the U.S. are at an all-time high.
When it comes to an active shooter incident, being able to quickly respond is vital to saving lives. AVERT provides training in both active shooter response and emergency bleeding control techniques so you and your team can gain the confidence to react appropriately if an active shooter situation occurs. Get the facts about active violence statistics in the workplace.
New White Paper: Safety is Everyone’s Job: Organizational Collaboration
If it feels like workplace safety rests solely on your shoulders, you’re not alone. This paper helps you engage with other professionals at your company and truly make safety “everyone’s job”.
New Video: Training in Energy and Other Industries (Perspectives on Energy)
Perspectives on Energy – Host Guillermo Sabatier, Director of International Services at HSI, discusses how important training is in helping to fill and retain STEM positions in technical industries with guests Jill James, Chief Safety Officer, and Suzie Espling, Solutions Engineer.
Guess the Movie Quote Answer
Thanks for playing along!
Quote: “Even though some of you are pretty thin, you all have fat hearts, and that’s what matters."
Answer: Movie: Pitch Perfect (2012), Character: Fat Amy, played by Rebel Wilson