New Safety Infographic! Free Download
Workplace Safety: Protect Your Workers
- 13 WORKERS DIE EVERYDAY from traumatic injuries in the USA.
- OVER $95 BILLION EVERY YEAR is spent by employers on workers’ compensation insurance.
- 3.5 OUT OF EVERY 100 FULL-TIME WORKERS will be injured at work.
- 4 MILLION WORKERS SUFFER a nonfatal injury or illness each year.
- 99 WORKING DAYS ARE LOST EACH YEAR due to self-reported workplace injuries.
- 2.2 MILLION FATALITIES are caused by workplace injuries and illnesses each year.
WORKERS COMPENSATION BENEFITS:
- ARM - $169,878
- LEG - $153,221
- HAND - $144,930
- THUMB - $42,432
- EYE - $96,700
OSHA Top 5 Violations:
- FALL PROTECTION - 7,720
- HAZARD COMMUNICATION - 4,552
- SCAFFOLDS - 3,336
- RESPIRATORY PROTECTION - 3,118
- LOCKOUT/TAGOUT - 2,944
By number of violations. 2018.
Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD)
What is an MSD? Back Pain. Muscle Strain. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Rotator Cuff Syndrome. Tendinitis. Tennis Elbow. Shoulder Pain
- 34% OF LOST WORK DAYS are MSDs.
- WORK-RELATED BACK PAIN makes up 42% of MSD cases and take 7 days of recovery.
- MSD CASES BY GENDER: Men account for 59% of MSD cases; women, 41%.
- MSDs COST $20 Billion a year on direct costs.
- MSDs MAKE UP 33% OF ALL injury and illness cases.
- $1 OUT OF EVERY $3 is spent on MSD related workers’ comp.
- 51% OF CASES occurred in an office job setting.
MSDs DEVELOP OVER TIME:
- Highly Repetitious Tasks
- Forceful Exertions
- Repetitive/Sustained Awkward Postures
- Poor Work Practices
- Lack of Physical Ftness
- Bad Health Habits
Learn more about workplace safety training.