New Zika Prevention Course From HSI!
There’s no turning on the news without hearing about the Zika virus. What is this new virus and what do we need to know to help prevent its spread?
According to the Centers for Disease Control:
- Zika is spread mostly by the bite of an infected Aedes species mosquito ( aegypti and Ae. albopictus). These mosquitoes are aggressive daytime biters. They can also bite at night.
- Zika can be passed through sex from a person who has Zika to his or her sex partners.
- Zika can be passed from a pregnant woman to her fetus. Infection during pregnancy can cause certain birth defects.
- There is no vaccine or medicine for Zika.
- The Florida Department of Health has identified an area in one neighborhood of Miami where Zika is being spread by mosquitoes. Learn more.
Summit Training Source has created a brand new course to help employers keep their workers and the workplace safe from Zika infection.
Zika Virus: Prevent the Infection
Zika has been linked closely to serious birth defects, and there is currently no vaccine or cure for this rapidly spreading virus. Health officials around the world now recommend taking precautions to avoid infection by the Zika virus.
Job tasks may raise the risk for Zika infection; therefore it is very important to understand this virus in order to protect yourself, your family, and your coworkers who are or may become pregnant. Summit’s new Zika Virus: Prevent the Infection program will enable you to:
- Describe the risks associated with Zika infection.
- Name the ways Zika virus can be transmitted.
- Describe prevention techniques to avoid Zika transmission.
This course is available in interactive online ONLY.
Questions about the new Zika prevention course or any of HSI's workplace training solutions? Give us a call today at 800.447.3177.