Asbestos Hazards Awareness Overview
- Explain what asbestos is
- Give examples of how asbestos might appear at work
- Identify health effects of asbestos exposure
- Identify ways to prevent exposure to asbestos on the job
- Explain what to do if you're exposed to asbestos
The goal of this lesson is to give an overview of asbestos hazards to help minimize employee exposure and risk of acquiring an asbestos-related disease, which therefore contributes to employee workplace safety. Completion of this lesson alone does not meet the intent of applicable regulations nor qualify a worker to collect samples or or perform abatement activities.
- 8 Minutes
- English, Spanish
- Asbestos Hazard Awareness Overview
- "UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF LABOR." Occupational Safety and Health Administration, www.osha.gov/SLTC/asbestos/hazards.html. Accessed 2 Oct. 2017.
- "UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF LABOR." Occupational Safety and Health Administration, www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3507.pdf. Accessed 2 Oct. 2017.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1001 - Asbestos Standard for General Industry
- OSHA 29 CFR 1926.1101 - Asbestos Standard for the Construction Industry