Heat Stress Overview
- Identify the hazards that can result from working in hot environments.
- Identify ways to protect yourself from heat stresses, with best preparations and practices.
This lesson will help you become aware of the hazards inherent to working in hot environments. Additionally, you will learn the precautions you should take to protect yourself against these stresses. You will hear some general first aid guidelines; however, any treatment-related information provided in this lesson does not constitute medical advice and is not a substitute for evaluation by a qualified healthcare professional.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 10 Minutes
- English, Spanish
- Heat Stress Overview
- National Safety Council publication - First Aid and CPR
- California Department of Industrial Relations, Heat Illness Prevention, 2021