Intro to Beryllium Hazards
- Identify the characteristics of beryllium and how it is used in industry
- Recognize who is at risk for exposure to beryllium, how exposure may occur, and the health effects related to exposure
- Identify the exposure limits and controls your employer must adhere to in order to reduce your exposure to beryllium
- Recognize how to protect yourself and reduce your exposure to beryllium
You will learn to recognize how you may be exposed to beryllium, the health effects related to beryllium exposure, and how you and your employer can take steps to keep you safe in your workplace.
- 15 minutes
- English, Spanish
- Intro to Beryllium Hazards
- 29 CFR 1910 Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances - 1926.1024 Beryllium
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances - 1926.1124 Beryllium
- United States Department of Labor. Beryllium - Overview | Occupational Safety and Health Administration, www.osha.gov/beryllium.
- Office of Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security. About Beryllium, https://www.energy.gov/ehss/about-beryllium.