Intro to Combustible Dust Hazards
- Define combustible dust and its source as it relates to the learner’s industry.
- Identify potential ignition sources that may contribute to a dust explosion.
- Recognize combustible dust dangers in their workplace/industry.
- Describe methods to prevent the occurrence of combustible dust explosions.
This lesson is designed to improve the safety of workers in environments where combustible dusts may be encountered by increasing employee awareness of this hazard and by demonstrating how the hazard can be recognized and addressed in the workplace.
- Dust Can Combust
- 1910.22 Housekeeping
- 1910.307 Hazardous Locations
- 1910.1200 Hazard Communication
- 1910.269 Electric Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution (coal handling)
- 1910.272 Grain Handling Facilities
- General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1) of the Occupational Safety and Health Act