Intro to Loading Dock Safety
- Recognize and describe the typical hazards found on loading docks.
- Identify controls and actions to improve safety on loading docks.
Intro to Loading Dock Safety provides a high-level overview of the typical hazards encountered on loading docks, transit vehicles, and the areas between the two. The goal of this lesson is create awareness of these hazards and to provide knowledge to the learner on how to avoid accidents and/or injury.
- English, Spanish
- Dangers at the Dock
- 1910.178, Powered industrial trucks
- 1910.305, Wiring methods, components, and equipment for general use
- 1910.157, Portable fire extinguishers
- 1910.132, General requirements (Personal protective equipment)
- 1910.23, Guarding floor and wall openings and holes
- 1910.303, General (Electrical)
- 1910.147, The control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout)
- 1910.215, Abrasive wheel machinery