Mosquito, Tick, and Vector-Borne Illnesses
- Describe what vector-borne illnesses are and how they are transmitted.
- Identify common vectors, the diseases they carry, and the environments in which they may be encountered.
- Recognize symptoms of more-common vector-borne disease infections.
- Identify effective ways of limiting exposure to tick-borne and mosquito-borne diseases.
- Describe how to check for and safely remove ticks.
In this lesson, you will learn about the most-common vector-borne diseases and how you can avoid exposure and infection. You will learn general treatment guidelines; however, any treatment-related information provided in this lesson does not constitute medical advice and is not a substitute for evaluation by a qualified healthcare professional.
- 10 Minutes
- English, Spanish
- Vector-Borne Illnesses