Violence in the Workplace Overview
- As a result of completing this lesson, the learner will be able to recognize workplace violence and identify measures to prevent it.
In this lesson, the student will learn what workplace violence is, which occupations are at increased risk for workplace violence, the categories of perpetrators of workplace violence, precautions to help prevent workplace violence, the warning signs of violent behavior and how to respond them, how to respond to a violent event occurring, and what to do after a violent event occurs.
Go more in-depth with the HSI AVERT Active Shooter and Bleeding Control training
The online course on this page is a primer video. For more in-depth and in-person training, HSI offers Active Violence Emergency Response Training (AVERT). With AVERT, you’ll go beyond active shooter response training by also learning how to control life-threatening bleeding. AVERT is appropriate for organizations of all sizes and types. Learn more about active shooter response training >>
- 5 Minutes
- English, Spanish, French Canadian
- Workplace Violence: A Report to the Nation, February 2001, The University of Iowa
- OSHA Fact Sheet, Workplace Violence
- OSHA Guidelines for Preventing Workplace Violence for Health Care and Social Service Workers