Electrical Freeze Protection Components and Application
- Describe the principles and purpose of heat-tracing systems
- Identify common heat-tracing methods
- Compare prominent heat-tracing methods
- Identify types of electrical heat-trace cabling and their characteristics
- Describe safety and temperature control
- Describe electrical heat-trace maintenance methods for exterior faults
- Describe electrical heat-trace maintenance methods for interior faults
The heat-trace system is one of the overlooked power plant process systems. Neglecting this system can cause extra work for operations and maintenance personnel as a frozen distribution line can lead to lost production time. Understanding freeze protection components and their proper application is critical to plant function.
The Electrical Freeze Protection Components and Application training course describes heat-tracing fundamentals. It also identifies the types of electrical heat-tracing and their internal and external maintenance concerns.
This online training course covers:
- Heat-trace fundamentals
- Overview of heat-tracing methods
- Electrical heat-tracing
- Internal and external electrical heat-tracing maintenance
This course is part of the Freeze Protection training series.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 80 Minutes