- List the main components of a dial indicator
- Explain how to properly read a dial indicator
- Describe how to measure run out
- Demonstrate how rotating components may be aligned
- Describe various types of indicators
Dial indicators are instruments used to accurately measure a small distance. A dial indicator is also known as a dial gauge, dial test indicator (DTI), or a "clock." They are so named because their measurement results are displayed by a dial.
The Dial Indicators training course lists their major components. It demonstrates how to take an accurate reading with dial indicators. This online course describes how to use a dial indicator to measure the run out of a rotating part. It also shows how to align two shafts using a dial indicator. This course includes:
- Dial indicator components
- Reading a dial indicator
- Measuring run out
- Digital indicators
- Digital test indicators
Digital Indicators is part of the Precision Measurement series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 30 Minutes