- Identify common types of micrometers
- List the major components of micrometers
- Demonstrate how to take an accurate reading with an outside micrometer
- Explain how to properly read the scale on an English scale micrometer, a metric scale micrometer, and a vernier micrometer
- Demonstrate how to take an accurate reading with an inside micrometer
- Demonstrate how to take an accurate reading with a depth micrometer
A micrometer is widely used in machining and maintenance operations. It precisely measures block thickness, the outer and inner dimensions of shafts, and slot depth. Learning to take accurate readings with a micrometer is critical in precision machining and maintenance work.
The Micrometers online training course introduces common micrometer types, their components, and how to correctly take measurements. It covers outside, inside, and depth micrometers. It also explains reading English scale, metric scale, and venier micrometers.
This course is part of the Precision Measurement series.
- 55 Minutes