Principles of Flow
- Define flow rate
- Discuss the difference between volumetric and mass flow rate and list the common units used for measuring each
- Describe the common types of flow measuring devices used in industrial processes
- Using the concept of flow profiles, explain laminar and turbulent flow including a discussion of Reynolds Numbers
- Explain how flow rate is affected by the following fluid properties:
- Describe how detector position and flow disturbances can affect the accuracy of flow rate measurements
Flow, or the movement of fluid through a system, is an important part of process control in most systems. Flow measurement is also one of the most important tasks performed by process instrumentation and control equipment. Flow is normally expressed by the amount of material moved per unit of time, which is more precisely referred to as flow rate.
The Principles of Flow training course describes the principles of fluid flow. It demonstrates how these principles provide multiple means for measuring flow rate in the process industry. This online course covers:
- Measuring flow rate
- Flow measuring devices
- Flow characteristics
- Factors that affect flow measurement
Principles of Flow is part of the Process Control Variable training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 45 Minutes