- Define friction and describe the following types of friction:
- Static friction
- Solid friction
- Sliding friction
- Rolling friction
- Fluid friction
- Explain the relationship between friction and lubrication
- Describe three key roles of a lubricant in an operating piece of equipment
- Identify the three basic categories of lubricants and give an example of each
- Define viscosity
Lubricants reduce the harmful effects of friction in operating machinery. Knowing the types of friction helps workers understand the kinds of lubrication used. The Lubrication Basics training course outlines how lubrication is used in machinery to reduce friction. It also discusses why certain types of equipment need lubrication with specific viscosity.
This online training course explains friction. It covers the role of lubricants, including liquid lubricants and viscosity. Lubrication Basics is part of the Lubrication training series.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 50 Minutes