Boiler Fuel System Start-up
- Perform checks on the readiness of the seal air system, the pulverizers, and the feeders
- Perform checks on the oil and lubrication system of the boiler fuel supply system
- Apply start-up procedures for the pulverizers
- Adhere to feeder start permissives
When the boiler fuel system is started, each component must be set for operation. The procedure for starting the boiler fuel system begins with ensuring the seal air, pulverizer and feeder components are operational and set for the desired capacity. The oil and lubrication systems must also be checked for operation before starting the pulverizers and completing the feeder permissives. Coordinating these procedures with operators in the control room ensures a safe and efficient startup of the boiler fuel system.
The Boiler Fuel System Startup training course explains standard procedures for initiating the boiler fuel system components during startup. It focuses on:
- Seal air, pulverizers, and feeders
- Lubrication and bearing oil levels
- Starting the pulverizers
- Feeder start permissives
This online training course is part of the Boiler Fuel Systems training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 45 Minutes