Function of the Circulating Water System
- Identify the function of the circulating water system
- Discuss its contribution to efficient power plant operation
- Compare the use of water and air as cooling media
- Describe commonly used system designs and identify conditions appropriate for the use of each
Thermal power plants need a large amount of cooling water to condense the turbine exhaust steam. The primary function of a circulating water system is to help this process by providing the plant's condensers with a continuous supply of cooling water. The Function of the Circulating Water System training course describes the basic design and operation of a circulating water system.
This online training course covers a circulating water system's general operation. It discusses water versus air cooling media and covers types of circulating water systems. This course is part of the Circulating Water System training series.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 50 Minutes