Generator Monitoring and Control
- Explain the operating principles of the turbine generator and its components
- Explain the use of hydraulic forces to control the speed and frequency of a hydroelectric turbine generator
- Identify hydraulic governor components
- Describe the operations of a hydraulic governor
Hydraulic forces monitor and control the speed and frequencies of hydroelectric power generators. Several components also monitor and control the water flow through the wicket gates.
The Generator Monitoring and Control training course describes how generators in hydroelectric generating stations are tracked and managed. It identifies and explains the various controls of the turbine and generator. This online course discusses:
- Turbine generator operating principles
- Hydraulic governor
- Hydraulic governor components
Generator Monitoring and Control is part of the Hydraulic Power Plant Operations training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 35 Minutes