Laws and Principles of Thermodynamics
- Define thermodynamics in your own words
- Explain the thermodynamic properties of steam and water as they pertain to a power plant
- Describe the thermodynamic laws in your own words
- Given appropriate parameter values, plot basic power plant processes on either a temperature/enthalpy or enthalpy/entropy chart
- Explain what happens to related thermodynamic parameters through common power processes and equipment
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain thermodynamics. You will also be able to describe thermodynamic terms in your own words. You will also be able to explain the relationship of thermodynamic principles to plant efficiency.
- 75 Minutes