Maintaining Fan Operations in Combustion Air and Flue Gas Systems
- Identify the reasons for monitoring a fan’s current, bearing temperature, bearing vibration, and lubrication
- List four checks you should perform as part of air preheater maintenance
- Explain how leaks in the heat exchanger can affect fan performance
- Describe operational maintenance procedures involving ignitor air fans, scanners, excess air, and the boiler
- Discuss how to overcome the effects of abnormal conditions such as hunting, stalling, excess temperature, and vibration
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe how to perform the checks and monitoring necessary to maintain operation of fans and their components.
- 50 Minutes