Steam Turbine Design
- Describe the energy conversion taking place in a steam turbine
- Explain the difference between impulse and reaction blading, and identify where each is found in a steam turbine
- Discuss the design characteristics of a steam turbine casing
- Explain the difference between thrust bearings and journal bearings, and identify where each is found in a typical steam turbine
- Recall the steam flow path through a high, intermediate, and low-pressure turbine
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the basic components that comprise a typical steam turbine and explain the purpose of each. In addition, you will be able to trace the steam flow path through a typical steam turbine.
- 55 Minutes