- Identify the purpose of an autoclave, how it works, and the types of autoclaves.
- Recognize the physical and biological hazards, as well as the types of injuries, associated with using an autoclave, and the ways to prevent them and treat any injuries that may occur as a result of working with an autoclave.
- Identify the proper safety precautions to take when using an autoclave, such as wearing the appropriate PPE, inspecting and maintaining the autoclave, and conducting regular performance testing.
- Indicate how to safely use an autoclave, including how to properly prepare, package, load, and unload materials.
The lesson will teach you about the purpose, operation and various types of autoclaves, as well as the procedures and precautions for safely operating, maintaining and inspecting autoclaves.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 20 Minutes
- Introduction to Autoclaves
- Autoclave Hazards
- Safety Precautions
- Safe Use of Autoclaves
- 29 CFR 1910 Subpart I – Personal Protective Equipment – 1910.132 General requirements.