Handling Radioactive Materials
- List the recommended practices in procuring, receiving, transferring and transporting, managing, and disposing of radioactive material
- Describe the actions to take if contamination is detected.
- Describe the actions to take in response to emergency situations involving radioactive material.
This lesson provides an introduction to the handling of radioactive materials, from procurement and storage, to decontamination and emergency procedures in the event of accidental exposure or release.
- 20 Minutes
- Handling Radioactive Materials
- Decontamination and Emergency Procedures
- References – Module 3: Handling Radioactive Material
- Purdue University – Radiological and Environmental Management. Radiation Safety Training for Use of Radioactive Materials [PowerPoint slides]
- University of Notre Dame – Department of Risk Management and Safety (2015). 2015-2016 Radiation Safety Refresher Training [PowerPoint slides]