Stability and Capacity
- Explain forklift stability using the
- Explain how to calculate whether a forklift has the capacity to lift a given load
- List key guidelines for maintaining a forklift's stability.
Learners will demonstrate awareness of safe forklift operation principles by identifying basic key features on the lift, recognizing the technical components of forklift operation, listing safe load handling and driving practices, stating general safety rules, and inspecting and maintaining lift equipment.
- 20 Minutes
- Stability Triangle and Center of Gravity
- Calculating Lift Capacity
- Stability Factors and Guidelines
- Code of Federal Regulations, 29 CFR 1910
- Powered Industrial Trucks eTool, Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Forklift Center of Gravity: Maintaining Lift Truck Stability Triangle, TheBalance.com, October 31, 2016
- Forklift Safety - Preventing Tip-Over Accidents, Construction-Machine.org, October 19, 2013
- Knowing Your Forklift's Load Capacity, Adaptalift Hyster, Logistics and Materials Handling, July 23, 2013
- The Stability of Your Forklift, Toyota-Lift of Minnesota, April 19, 2012