Passenger Van Driver Safety
- Describe the characteristics of a passenger van that differentiate it from other passenger transport vehicles
- Identify the unique hazards associated with operating a passenger van
- Recognize the importance of pre-vehicle inspections and safety steps you should take before beginning any trip
- Identify the precautions you must take to properly load a passenger van
- Identify driving techniques you can use to increase safety when operating a 15-passenger van
You will learn how to recognize and minimize the hazards associated with operating a 12-15-passenger van with a combined gross vehicle weight of less than 10,000 pounds. Additionally, you will learn the importance of pre-vehicle inspection and safety steps you should take before beginning any trip. This lesson only covers passenger vans and not limousines or commercial motor vehicles over 10,000 pounds.
- 12 Minutes
- Passenger Van Driver Safety
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, “15-Passenger Vans” retrieved from: https://www.nhtsa.gov/road-saf...
- AAA Exchange, “15-Passenger Van Safety,” retrieved from https://exchange.aaa.com/safet...
- Safety+Health Magazine published by National Safety Council, “The Hazards Of 15-Passenger Vans,” December 2017, retrieved from https://www.safetyandhealthmag...