- Describe what a pipeline is, work activities that you may do near a pipeline, and your responsibilities for working safely.
- Identify the types of hazards you might encounter while working near a pipeline.
- Explain actions you can take to protect yourself, others, and the environment from pipeline-related hazards.
This lesson will address how to identify pipeline hazards and complete your work safely without disturbing the structure or function of the pipeline.
- 24 minutes
- Pipeline Safety
- Identifying Hazards
- Working Safely
- 29 CFR 1910 Subpart I – Personal Protective Equipment - 1910.132 General Requirements
- 29 CFR 1910 Subpart J – General Environmental Controls - 1910.146 Permit-required confined spaces
- 29 CFR 1910 Subpart Z – Toxic and Hazardous Substances - 1910.1200 Hazard Communication
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P – Excavations - 1926.651 Specific excavation requirements