Hazardous Materials Transportation: Bulk Transport
- Describe the different types of bulk packaging and the importance of following DOT regulations when transporting hazardous materials.
- Describe the specific procedures that must be followed when loading or unloading hazardous materials to prevent leaks or spills.
- Identify inspection items for bulk containers, proper use of placards and markings, and explain emergency response procedures in the event of a leak or spill.
This lesson is for all workers involved in the loading, unloading, and transport of hazardous bulk materials.
- 16 minutes
- What is Bulk Packaging?
- Loading/Unloading Bulk Packaging
- Transporting Bulk Packaging
- 49 CFR 178 Subpart H - Specifications for PortableTanks - 178.255-1 General Requirements
- 49 CFR Subpart E - Qualification and Maintenance of Cargo Tanks - 180.407 Requirements for Test and Inspection of Specification Cargo Tanks